If you've seen our Stuffed Apple Tutorial, you already know that we love apple season! Read the Stuffed Apple Tutorial HERE! One of the fond memories of early years school is every September, the teacher would decorate the classroom with apple accessories. Making cards and crafts with apples brings back all those happy autumn feelings of crisp fall air, the crunch of the leaves under our feet and not having a care in the world --- just looking forward to arts and crafts time in school.
Let's re-create that feeling today - either with felt (or even paper) and make some a fun apple garland. Scroll to the bottom for other ways to use these downloads and templates to make cards, decorations and so much more!!!
These little apples are so fun because you can make every one of them a little different and they don't have to be perfect! This is a wonderful craft to have helping hands, to be able to sit around the table and just laugh and have fun!
Cutting machine for felt shapes
Hand sewing needle
Green, red, yellow, white, dark brown(small scrap)s Benzie Wool Blend Felt (you can also choose to use your favorite card stock).
Embroidery Thread in matching colors
If you haven’t already, become a Bee Sew Inspired - Maker's Club Annual Member. This gives you access to our entire growing, Maker's Club library of downloads! Including Quilt - Story Block of the Month patterns, Doll Patterns and Accessories (Sewing and Machine Embroidery versions), PDF templates, SVG cut files and more!
1. Download the Apple Garland template designed by Bee Sew Inspired. You can choose either the PDF Pattern to hand cut your shapes, or the SVG Cut File and follow the directions to have your Cricut Maker cut the felt shapes. Make sure to use your rotary blade and set the fabric to felt.
2. Using the templates cut out the strawberry shape and cut out the chocolate dip shape making sure to cut out two each for a back and front. Fuse the chocolate dip shape to the strawberry.
3. Use three strands of embroidery floss and running stitch to attach the apple pieces.
Stitch two full apples together or stitch the cream smaller sections onto a single large apple.
4. Use a small dab of craft glue to attach a leaf to the front of each full apple. On the half or cut apples, attach the leaf to the back so it peeks out over the top. Glue the apple seeds to the half and cut apples. Make a star-shaped cluster of five seeds on the half apples and two or three seeds on the smaller cut section of the others.
5. Attach the apples to the string. Sandwich the string between a rectangle tab of felt and the back of the apples. Use enough glue to cover the tab.
6. Let your garland dry overnight, then tie loops at the end so you can hang it up for autumn!
If you want to make this with colored paper, it will work best if you trace the templates onto brightly colored cardstock, although construction paper works too. Instead of stitching, use glue stick to attach the pieces and use a marker to draw the faces and the seeds. Tape the apples to the string and have lots of fun creating!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with weekly inspiration, downloadable patterns, cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower the next generation. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with our Annual membership online community, or on social media by using the hashtag #BSImakersclub — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY projects complete with pattern downloads, tutorials, templates, embroidery files, SVG cut files and more! Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy creating! ~ Jennifer Long
Apple Garland templates and SVG
cut files files below.
Not a member? Join today!
Click the button below
Member's Download the Pattern below.