Do you have babies in your life this Easter Season? Why not wip up some adorable Bunny Teethers?
Bunny Teethers are fun and simple to make. Great for little hands to grasp and the high quality cotton of Riley Blake Designs makes for a beautiful and tightly woven fabric weave - perfect for these Bunny Ear Teethers!!!
If you're a Maker's Club member you get download the PDF in sewing pattern templates, and SVG cut files.
Iron and Wool Mat
Turning tool (hemostat)
Small pieces of Heat n Bond LITE SEWABLE
Scraps of high quality cotton fabric (we used Hidden Cottage by Minki Kim for Riley Blake Designs)
Child safe wooden teether rings
Thin quilt batting, fleece or flannel for inner layer
Small amount of Polyester Fiber Fill
If you haven’t already, become a Bee Sew Inspired - Maker's Club Annual Member. This gives you access to our entire growing, Maker's Club library of downloads! Including Quilt - Story Block of the Month patterns, Doll Patterns and Accessories (Sewing and Machine Embroidery versions), PDF templates, SVG cut files and more!
1.Print out the teether pattern pieces. Do NOT select “scale to fit” on your printer. Print all the pattern pieces at their actual size. There are 3 sizes available in this pattern (8,10and 12 inch teethers). Please make sure you print the PDF of the size you would like to make. Check the 1” square test box for printer accuracy before you begin.
2.Cut all the paper pattern pieces out on the cutline. You do not need to add a seam allowance. Seam allowances are included in the pattern pieces.
Cut the following:
Cut1 piece from print fabric for inside of ears
Cut 1 piece from solid fabric for outside of ears
Cut 1 piece of Stitch n Sew: sew in fleece
If you are using a Cricut Maker(or other cutting machine) and the SVG files to cut the shapes, make sure to use your rotary blade and set the fabric setting to the appropriate depth and type.
3. Lay out the pieces in the following
order and pin around the perimeter to keep in place.
Stitch n Sew - sew in fleece
Print fabric – face up
Solid fabric – face down
4. Using a shortened stitch length, sew all 2layers together at a ¼” seam allowance. Leave an opening for turning on the middle edge of one side.
5. Make little snips around the entire perimeter seam allowance. This will make for a smooth turning and flat seams
6. Next, using the opening, turn the Bunny Teether right-out and using a turning tool such as hemostats, knitting needle or even a pencil to push the points and edges out from the inside.
7. Press the entire Bunny Teether with a hot iron and make sure the opening is turned inside to a finished seam.
8. Using a shortened stitch length and a coordinating top and bottom thread color, sew around the entire perimeter of the Teether. This seam will close the opening left from turning the project right side out.
9. Next, face the printed inner fabric towards you and pinch it at the center.
10. Then fold it up on either side to make two ears. Insert the ear tips into the center of the ring and pull them through the folded opening where your finger is.
11. Pull the ears through as TIGHT as possible. You can even use a tool such as hemostats or pliers to give you the tightest and safest pull! Adjust ears as necessary.
Your Bunny Teether is now complete!
Hook on to soother clips or simply use as is! You can even hang it from a mobile or car seat handle or enjoy as a super sweet shelf sitter. Thank you for sewing along with me today!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with weekly inspiration, downloadable patterns, cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower the next generation. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with our Annual membership online community, or on social media by using the hashtag #BSImakersclub — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY projects complete with pattern downloads, tutorials, templates, embroidery files, SVG cut files and more! Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy creating! ~ Jennifer Long
Download the Bunny Teether
Pattern of the month below.
3 sizes included: 8”,10” and 12”
Fully illustrated step-by-step instructions.
Not a member? Join today!
Click the button below
Not a member but want to make this Bunny Teether? Join the Maker's Club membership today to unlock the pattern downloads below or purchase the pattern directly from the shop: