Join us today for an "Oh so sweet", adorable and super simple project! These stuffed Candy Canes are so addicting to make, we are SURE you won't be able to stop at just one!
These joyously sweet, and calorie free treats are perfect for present toppers, teacher's gifts, garland or tree decorations! Why not make one for every place setting at your next Holiday Dinner Party! Simply tie an adorable name tag to the holly ribbon.
Iron and Wool Mat
Hand sewing needle
Green and red Benzie Wool Blend Felt
Scraps of your favorite cotton fabric (We used Riley Blake Designs Pixie Noel 2 by Tasha Noel)
Embroidery Thread in matching colors
Small amount of Polyester Fiber Fill
If you haven’t already, become a Bee Sew Inspired - Maker's Club Annual Member. This gives you access to our entire growing, Maker's Club library of downloads! Including Quilt - Story Block of the Month patterns, Doll Patterns and Accessories (Sewing and Machine Embroidery versions), PDF templates, SVG cut files and more!
1. Download the whimsically shaped Candy Cane Pattern designed by Bee Sew Inspired. You can choose either the PDF Pattern to hand cut your shapes, or the SVG Cut File and follow the directions to have your Cricut Maker cut the felt shapes. Make sure to use your rotary blade and set the fabric to felt.
2. Fuse the Heat-N-Bond Fleece to the wrong side of your decorative fabrics BEFORE cutting the shape. This will help keep the fabric stable while cutting out the curved edges.
3. Use the template to cut out (2) candy cane shapes in total with your fabric right-sides together. This will give you a candy cane in both directions.
4. Take the two panels and place right sides together. Stitch down one edge using a 1/4" seam allowance and don't forget to leave a 2-inch space open on the side for turning and stuffing.
5. Turn your Candy Cane right side out and use a pin to pull out corners and make a neat edge.
6. Stuff your Candy Cane with fiber fill. Don't underestimate how much toy filling you need! Keep pushing wisps in until it's tightly packed.
7. With a needle and thread, use a ladder stich to sew together the 2-inch space on the candy cane.
8. Use Fabric Fuse to glue the felt leaves together.
9. Hand embroider the leaf using 2 or 3 strands of floss. You can use a backstitch or stem stitch or another stitch if you like.
10. Hand sew together with matching floss (3) felt berries and (1) leaf.
11. Use ribbon to tie berry and leaf clusters to the candy cane. And there you have it! The perfect little Candy Cane for a table center piece or home decor!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with weekly inspiration, downloadable patterns, cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower the next generation. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with our Annual membership online community, or on social media by using the hashtag #BSImakersclub — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY projects complete with pattern downloads, tutorials, templates, embroidery files, SVG cut files and more! Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy creating! ~ Jennifer Long
Candy Cane pattern below.
Fully illustrated step-by-step instructions.
Not a member? Join today!
Click the button below
Member's Download the Pattern below.