Breathe the fresh country air and experience country life through the eyes of child!
From quilts, to dolls to play on the go.
Week 2: Adding Details & Making the Felt Dolls
This week is all about your creativity! Join me on the YouTube channel where we can inspire each other with ideas on how to embellish your felt dolls! What a great "take along" project of hand sewing embellishing get cozy under a quilt and listen to the hum of the combine in the fields during harvest!
Then learn how to give your Felt Dolls some structure to make them indestructible for years play!
SAL Video Week 2 - Adding Details & Making the Felt Dolls
The Country Life 3-in-1 Felt Farm Play Panel is a MUST have for all ages of country loving babies and children. Turn the farm characters into a mobile that is sure to brighten any nursery or preschool room!
Sew up some quiet, play on the go, with Farm themed flat felt dolls and Barn carry bag. There are plenty of pockets on the outside and inside of the bag and you can open the bag up flat to have a contained and clean play surface, anywhere!
Making the Felt Dolls (SAL Week 2)
1. Optional: Embellish the Felt Toy with any hand embroidery details or sewn on sequins or buttons. Be aware of age appropriateness for any embellishments you sew on.
2. Layer a Felt toy, Craft Extra Firm Non-Woven Stabilizer and white craft felt RSO. Cut out the stabilizer and backing felt generously around each shape and pin
3. Using a white bobbin thread, and a matching top thread to the most prominent color on each Felt Toy, sew on the seam allowance with a shortened stitch length (1.5- 2mm)
4. Trim the stabilizer and the backing felt to match the top printed Felt Toy outline with even, smooth scissor cuts. (Use a sharp, small pair of fabric scissors).
5. Repeat this step for all the Felt Flat Characters, Animals, and Accessories. Carefully cut out all the pattern pieces on the outer cut lines.
Download the Country Life Panel Instructions HERE
Download the Country Life Sew-Along Schedule and Supplies List
October 4 - Week 1: Preparation & Cutting
October 11 - Week 2: Adding Details & Making the Felt Dolls
October 18 - Week 3: Making the Bag & Embellishments
October 25 - Week 4: Assembling the Mobile & Play Food
SHARE ON SOCIAL SO WE CAN CHEER EACHOTHER ON!
Download and share this graphic if you are joining us for the Country Life Panel Sew-Along
Where to find our Sew A Story Fabrics
Go to our Shop Locator page to find shops carrying Silent Night Fabric
Join the Sew-Along, learn tips and tricks of Felt Doll Making with the ease of Panels, and empower the next generation at the same time!
Please feel welcome to comment below the post - your favorite Local Quilt Shops that are carrying #CountryLifeFabric