Breathe the fresh country air and experience country life through the eyes of child!
From quilts, to dolls to play on the go.
Week 4: Assembling the Mobile & Play Food
Join me today for our finale as we talk through ways to create a DECOR mobile or stuffed Play Food. Make SURE to join me on the YouTube Channel for additional tips, tricks and inspiration. Or simply follow the fully illustrated, step-by-step instructions on the panel! Let's have some fun!!!
Let's spread the love of Country Life and share on social media! Please use the hashtag #countrylifefabric and tag @rileyblakedesigns and @sewastory_jenniferlong.
SAL Video Week 4 - Assembling the Mobile & Play Food
The Country Life 3-in-1 Felt Farm Play Panel is a MUST have for all ages of country loving babies and children. Turn the farm characters into a mobile that is sure to brighten any nursery or preschool room!
Sew up some quiet, play on the go, with Farm themed flat felt dolls and Barn carry bag. There are plenty of pockets on the outside and inside of the bag and you can open the bag up flat to have a contained and clean play surface, anywhere!
Assembling the Mobile & Play Food (SAL Week 4)
1. Choose the felt animals and farm designs for your mobile. You can make these hanging designs two-sided by using the reverse design on the back or simply use the white craft felt. Prepare the felt animals and farm designs for the mobile using the same directions as steps 1-6.
2. Using the mobile string of choice, thread a needle and sew a knot to the top of the farm design. Tie the other end of the string to the top of the 8" wooden hoop.
3. Repeat to fill around the entire hoop with hanging farm characters at various string lengths. Space strings as desired around the hoop. Be creative!
4. To hang the mobile, tie (4)lengths of string evenly spaced around the hoop and join in the center tying them in a loop and hang from the ceiling.(Note: keep ALL mobiles out of reach of small children).
5. Optional: Embellish the Stuffed Veggies with any hand embroidery details or sewn on sequins or buttons. Be aware of age appropriateness for any embellishments you sew on.
6. Place veggies RST and pin and sew around the seam allowance, leaving the top open. Repeat with the tops of the veggies and leaving the bottom open.
7. Using a stuffing tool, stuff the veggie shapes with poly fill. Hand sew the opening closed and hand sew the top to the veggie.
Want more QAL Fun?
Join us in November 2023, for The Quilted Fields Quilt-Along!
Join us in January – February 2024, for The Eat The Rainbow Quilt-Along!
Download the Country Life Panel Instructions HERE
Download the Country Life Sew-Along Schedule and Supplies List
October 4 - Week 1: Preparation & Cutting
October 11 - Week 2: Adding Details & Making the Felt Dolls
October 18 - Week 3: Making the Bag & Embellishments
October 25 - Week 4: Assembling the Mobile & Play Food
SHARE ON SOCIAL SO WE CAN CHEER EACHOTHER ON!
Download and share this graphic if you are joining us for the Country Life Panel Sew-Along
Where to find our Sew A Story Fabrics
Go to our Shop Locator page to find shops carrying Silent Night Fabric
Join the Sew-Along, learn tips and tricks of Felt Doll Making with the ease of Panels, and empower the next generation at the same time!
Please feel welcome to comment below the post - your favorite Local Quilt Shops that are carrying #CountryLifeFabric