Earlier this month inside the Bee Sew Inspired Maker's Club, we made beautiful and colorful stuffed pumpkins. You can grab the tutorial and all the downloads and patterns HERE. If you aren't yet a member, consider joining this month! There is sooo much value and fun every single week!!!! This week, we are adding on to the Stuffed Pumpkin Tutorial to turn them into Jack O'Lanterns! Are you ready to have some fun?
You can make these Jack O'Lanterns as scrappy as you like, or all one color. They're perfect for decorating your home for Halloween. Make a fun table centerpiece by making a mix of sizes and colors. The face templates comes in two sizes, download the templates and select the size for your pumpkin!
Sewing Machine or Embroidery Machine
Iron and Wool Mat
Hand sewing needle
Long doll needle (doll needles are very long, about 5")
Cutting machine such as Cricut or ScanNcut (optional)
Brown and black felt Benzie Wool Blend Felt
Scraps of your favorite cotton fabrics in oranges, or any other colors that suit your style
Embroidery Thread in matching colors
Polyester Fiber Fill
Non-woven fusible interfacing
HTV vinyl (optional if using a cutting machine)
If you haven’t already, become a Bee Sew Inspired - Maker's Club Annual Member. This gives you access to our entire growing, Maker's Club library of downloads! Including Quilt - Story Block of the Month patterns, Doll Patterns and Accessories (Sewing and Machine Embroidery versions), PDF templates, SVG cut files and more!
1. Download the Pumpkin Pattern and Face Templates designed by Bee Sew Inspired. You can choose either the PDF Pattern to hand cut your shapes, or the SVG Cut File and follow the directions to have your Cricut Maker cut the felt shapes.
2. Fuse the Heat-N-Bond Fleece to the wrong side of your decorative fabrics BEFORE cutting the shape.
3. Use the templates to cut out the pumpkin shapes.
4. Before assembling the pumpkin shape, select the face you want to give your Jack O'Lantern (there are MANY faces to choose from!)
There is also more than one way to create Jack's features. The first way we're going to show you is with felt. Cut out the features using the printed templates.
5. Use a small amount of Fabric Fuse on the shapes and glue them to the right side of a pumpkin panel. This will keep your shapes in place while you topstitch the features in place. We used a simple triple stitch but you can use a small decorative stitch like a blanket stitch or a narrow zigzag stitch.
6. Assemble the pumpkin as directed in the Pumpkin Stuffie Tutorial. Before adding the stem you can add some decorative hand stitching. We used a running stitch here.
7. Continue assembling the pumpkin once all panels have been hand stitched to your satisfaction.
8. Here's the second way to use these face templates. Download the SVG cut files and use your cutting machine and some HTV vinyl. Have some fun and interchange the features. You'll end up with a lot more than nine faces to choose from! You can make them look as happy or as scary as you like! Using manufacturer's directions bond the HTV shapes to the pumpkin panel, you can assemble your pumpkin as directed in the Pumpkin Stuffie Tutorial.
We are here to help you explore your creativity with weekly inspiration, downloadable patterns, cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower the next generation. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with our Annual membership online community, or on social media by using the hashtag #BSImakersclub — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY projects complete with pattern downloads, tutorials, templates, embroidery files, SVG cut files and more! Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy creating! ~ Jennifer Long
Jack 'O Lantern
SVG cut files below.
Not a member? Join today!
Click the button below
Member's Download the Pattern below: