To me, the Nutcracker represents the nostalgia of the Holiday Season! I grew up training to be a professional ballet dancer, so to me - the Nutcracker is embodied in my Christmas memories!!!
Think Land of the Sweets and Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy!!!!
The Flat Felt Nutcracker Doll is available as an in-the-hoop project or as a sewing and hand embroidery pattern. Download the pattern that is right for you and your machine. Please note that an embroidery machine with a 6" x 10" hoop is required for the embroidery machine version of this pattern.
Let's get creative! Just gather the supplies below, then download the pattern and pdf templates or machine embroidery files. Don't forget to share your Nutcracker Doll on social media using the hashtag #BSImakersclub and tag @beesewinspired.
Sewing or Embroidery Machine
Sharp scissors and curved applique scissors
Skin tone Wool Blend Felt 6" x 10" minimum to fit your embroidery hoop and to act as a base of your felt doll
If you haven’t already, become a Bee Sew Inspired - Maker's Club Annual Member. This gives you access to our entire growing, Maker's Club library of downloads! Including Quilt - Story Block of the Month patterns, Doll Patterns and Accessories (Sewing and Machine Embroidery versions), PDF templates, SVG cut files and more!
Gather all your tools and supplies
Download and print the pattern / templates and or load the embroidery files/sizes to your machine.
Cut and label all your fabrics according to the directions. Back and stretch fabric with optional light-weight fabric interfacing.
Follow the fully-illustrated, step-by-step instructions.
Be creative! Use your imagination to add embellishments, embroidery details and texture!
Display and play with your finished Nutcracker Doll!
1. Cut out your skin tone base making sure it is big enough to hoop and also big enough to crate the full height of the nutcracker doll. This layer will act as a base for the entire doll.
2. Trace the facial features of your doll and hand embroider the eyes, eye brows, nose, cheeks, and teeth.
3. Applique the mustache, beard and hair. You can use decorative stitching to create more texture in those elements.
4. Working from the bottom layer, now applique the jacket, the placket down the center front of the jacket and the shoulder pads.
5. Once you've added the Nutcracker's pants, add the decorative buttons, and finally his hat, you can create fun stitching patterns on his legs.
6. Add a layer of Heat N Bond extra firm interfacing to create a nice stiff flat felt doll. Add a back layer of felt to your doll for a nice clean finish. Stitch around the perimeter of the doll to keep all the layers together.
7. Create the Nutcracker's boots and candy cane in the same manner.
8. Sit back and enjoy watching the kids play!
PS. These would also look great in the Christmas tree!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with weekly inspiration, downloadable patterns, cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower the next generation. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with our Annual membership online community, or on social media by using the hashtag #BSImakersclub — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY projects complete with pattern downloads, tutorials, templates, embroidery files, SVG cut files and more! Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy creating! ~ Jennifer Long
Nutcracker Doll pattern of the Month
(in either SEWING version or MACHINE EMRBOIDERY version patterns below).
Finished felt doll sizes: 6 1/2”
Fully illustrated step-by-step instructions.
Not a member? Join today!
Click the button below
Not a member but want to make this Nutcracker doll pattern? Join the Maker's Club membership today to unlock the pattern downloads below or purchase the pattern directly from the shop: