As the 12 Days of Christmas are fast approaching, we thought we should make some adorable stuffed Cinnamon Pears for the Partridge in the Pear Tree!!!!
This September we want to have a little fun with Pears! They come in so many different sizes, shapes and colors all of them are just so beautiful!
You can make these pear stuffies as scrappy as you like, or all one color. They're perfect for decorating your home. The pattern template comes in two sizes, download the template, select the size you want to make choose your fabric!
Sewing Machine or Embroidery Machine
Iron and Wool Mat
Hand sewing needle
Green and felt
Scraps of your favorite cotton fabrics in oranges, or any other colors that suit your style
Embroidery Thread in matching colors
Polyester Fiber Fill
If you haven’t already, become a Bee Sew Inspired - Maker's Club Annual Member. This gives you access to our entire growing, Maker's Club library of downloads! Including Quilt - Story Block of the Month patterns, Doll Patterns and Accessories (Sewing and Machine Embroidery versions), PDF templates, SVG cut files and more!
1. Download the Pear Pattern designed by Bee Sew Inspired. You can choose either the PDF Pattern to hand cut your shapes, or the SVG Cut File and follow the directions to have your Cricut Maker cut the felt shapes. Make sure to use your rotary blade and set the fabric to felt. Use the template to cut out six panels in total.
2. Fuse the Heat-N-Bond Fleece to the wrong side of your decorative fabrics BEFORE cutting the shape. This will help keep the fabric stable while cutting out the curved edges. Choose fabrics in two designs or up to six if you'd like each panel to be different.
3. Use the templates cut out the Pear shape.
4. Take two adjacent panels and place right sides together. Stitch down one edge using a 1/4" seam allowance.
5. Take one more panel and add it to create half of the pear shape. Make another unit with 3 panels. You should now have two pear halves.
6. Line up the bottom of the pear units where all the panels intersect with right sides together. Pin or clip together to keep the halves in place.
7. Working upwards towards the top of the pear, pin or clip your two pear halves together stopping at about 1 to 1.5 inches from the top intersection. Sew together using a 1/4" seam allowance. Make sure you backtact at the beginning and at the ending of the seam. This will be so important when pulling the shape right side out and stuffing.
8. Turn your pear right side out, it is ready to be stuffed with fiber fill. Don't underestimate how much toy filling you need! Keep pushing wisps in until it's tightly packed.
9. Once you're pleased with how your pear is taking shape, insert a cinnamon stick. You may need to add a little more fiber fill to keep the cinnamon stick in place. You also want to make sure that you have enough of a seam allowance to close up your pear.
10. Thread your needle and use a tiny ladder stitch to close up both sides of the pear shape. Tiny stitches will be more secure and will look much prettier.
11. Using the leaf template, cut out a leaf shape out of green felt. Here we used a stem stitch to create texture but you could also use a backstitch. Tiny stitches will be much easier in curves and will help keep the texture you add to the leaf consistent.
12. Make a few stitches as close as you can to the base of the cinnamon stick to attach the leaf to the pear.
Extra tip! If you want to make this Pear Stuffie kid friendly, replace the cinnamon stick with a piece of brown felt. Make sure that it's sewn on securely and enjoy watching your child play!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with weekly inspiration, downloadable patterns, cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower the next generation. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with our Annual membership online community, or on social media by using the hashtag #BSImakersclub — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY projects complete with pattern downloads, tutorials, templates, embroidery files, SVG cut files and more! Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy creating! ~ Jennifer Long
Download the Pear Stuffie
patterns of the Month
Fully illustrated step-by-step instructions.
Not a member? Join today!
Click the button below
Not a member but want to make this Pear Stuffie pattern? Join the Maker's Club membership today to unlock the pattern downloads below or purchase the pattern directly from the shop:
Member's Download the Pattern below.
Member's can simply login at the top of the site to unlock the downloads below.