Come explore the journey and promises of the Christmas Story, through the
Silent Night Fabric Collection.
Week 2: Adding Details & Making the Felt Dolls
This week is all about your creativity! Join me on the YouTube channel where we can inspire each other with ideas on how to embellish your felt dolls! What a great "take along" project of hand sewing embellishing as you are sitting at the beach, by the campfire, or just for the long summer nights!
Then learn how to give your Felt Dolls some structure to make them indestructible for years play!
SAL Video Week 2 - Adding Details & Making the Felt Dolls
NOTE: The EASY SEW INSTRUCTIONS are printed on directly on the panel and are provided for a NO-TURN easy solution and to stitch with children too! The Bag Turning Finishing Instructions are explained in the FREE download and on the Week 3 Video. Choose the Bag Option that works BEST for your own Bag Making skills!
Making the Felt Dolls (SAL Week 2)
1. Optional: Embellish the Felt Doll with any hand embroidery details or sewn on sequins or buttons. Be aware of age appropriateness for any embellishments you sew on.
2. Layer a Felt Doll, Craft Extra Firm Non-Woven Stabilizer and white craft felt RSO. Cut out the stabilizer and backing felt generously around each shape and pin
3. Using a white bobbin thread, and a matching top thread to the most prominent color on each Felt Doll, sew in the seam allowance with a shortened stitch length (1.5-2mm)
4. Trim the stabilizer and the backing felt to match the top printed Felt Doll outline with even, smooth scissor cuts. (Use a sharp, small pair of fabric scissors).
5. Repeat this step for all the Felt Doll Characters, Animals, and Accessories.
Download the Silent Night Panel Instructions HERE
Download the Silent Night Sew-Along Schedule
July 5 Week 1: Preparation & Cutting
July 12 Week 2: Adding Details & Making the Felt Dolls
July 19 Week 3: Preparing the Bag & Embellishments
July 26 Week 4: Finishing the Bag & Special Touches
Download Silent Night Sew-Along Supplies List
Where to find Bee Sew Inspired Fabrics
Go to our Shop Locator page to find shops carrying Silent Night Fabric
SHARE ON SOCIAL SO WE CAN CHEER EACHOTHER ON!
Download and share this graphic if you are joining us for the Silent Night Panel Sew-Along
Don't forget to share your progress with us, Use the hashtag #SilentNightFabric and TAG me with the"@" symbol @beesewinspired, so I can cheer you on!
Join the Sew-Along, learn tips and tricks of Felt Doll Making with the ease of Panels, and empower the next generation at the same time!
Please feel welcome to comment below the post - your favorite Local Quilt Shops that are carrying #SilentNightFabric