Ever wonder if your dolls or stuffed animals get cold at night while you are sleeping?
Well, not anymore! Here is the solution. Join me today as we make a simple, quick and function Doll Sleeping Bag in less than an hour from start to finish! Let's get started.
What You Need:
2 Fat Quarters of Cotton for main body of the sleeping bag inside and outside
1 - 1/8 yard of binding fabric
1. Prepare the binding by cutting two strips of fabric - 2 1/4" x WOF. Sew them together end to end to make one long length. Fold the binding in half lengthwise and press flat. Set the binding aside.
2. Make a quilt sandwich and iron the fusible fleece to the wrong side of the main sleeping bag fabric.
3. Using your favorite quilting method (hand stitching, domestic machine, long arm quilting) quilt the sandwich fully from edge to edge,
4. Using your rotary cutter and ruler cut the sleeping bag to the desired length and twice the desired width.
5. Mark with a pin how far you want the opening to go on both sides. Start attaching the binding at one spot and continue all the way around the top of the quilt sandwich to the matching point on the other side. Cut the excess binding off.
6. Press the binding, flip it over, pin and sew in place by hand or machine as shown.
7. Next, fold the Doll Sleeping bag in half matching the corners and the raw-edge openings of the binding. Pin around the perimeter.
8. Start the next binding section with a folded edge (so no raw-edge is showing) and pin and sew the binding around the remaining two edges of the sleeping bag.
9. Before you get to the end, cut the binding so it is hanging over the edge by 1" or less. Fold the binding around the back and finish sewing down the tack down of the binding.
10. Flip the binding, press. pin and sew down by hand or machine.
Your Doll Sleeping Bag is complete!
If you would like to watch a video tutorial of How to make a simple doll sleeping bag, please click on the link below. I would really appreciate it if you liked or subscribed to my Youtube Chanel as well. This way you will be the first to see all the fun, inspiring ideas and tricks for Doll Making!
You can find the NEW Sewing & Hand Embroidery Bear Doll Pattern HERE!
or if you prefer to make the Bear Doll on your domestic embroidery machine, you can grab the Machine Embroidery Bear Doll Pattern HERE.