Teaching children to sew is an important part of our mission at Bee Sew Inspired, as well as inspiring children to play creatively - with handmade items. I am honored to once again be part of the International Sew A Softie Blog Tour - lead by my friend Trixi Seymonds. A wonderful initiative to teach and inspired children around the world to sew! For July & August 2022, we are opening up this tutorial (and all the downloads) to help celebrate the next generation of creatives!!! Scroll down for the full tutorial, patterns, files, SVG cut files and more! Happy crafting!
I wanted to design a fun and whimsical wand that could also double as a decoration in the home! This Tiger Lily wand has a nod to doll making with the easy of a craft!
Let's get creative! Just gather the supplies below, then download the pattern templates, SVG cut files or machine embroidery files. Don't forget to share your Tiger Lily on social media using the hashtag #BSImakersclub and tag @beesewinspired.
Iron and Wool Mat
Hand sewing needle
Cricut Maker or another cutting machine for SVG File (optional)
Benzie Wool Blend Felt (in a variety of cookie colors)(use the code "BEESEWINSPIRED" at checkout for 10% off your first purchase at Benzie)
Fat Quarter of Cotton Fabric for icing (I used Bee Plaids Basic by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Designs)
Wooden Dowling or Stick
If you haven’t already, become a Bee Sew Inspired - Maker's Club Annual Member. This gives you access to our entire growing, Maker's Club library of downloads! Including Quilt - Story Block of the Month patterns, Doll Patterns and Accessories (Sewing and Machine Embroidery versions), PDF templates, SVG cut files and more!
The Tiger Lily – Imagination Craft pattern, comes in (3) pattern sizes: 4 1/2”, 6” and 7 1/2”. Choose the size that is right for your project.
1. Download the Tiger Lily Pattern designed by Bee Sew Inspired. You can choose either the PDF Pattern to hand cut your shapes, or the SVG Cut File and follow the directions to have your Cricut Maker cut the felt shapes. Make sure to use your rotary blade and set the fabric to felt.
2. Cut out the template pieces on the cut lines.
3. Prepare your fabric. If using cotton or fraying fabric, back the fabric with Heat n Bond Lite Sewable interfacing to prevent fraying.
4. Pin the prepared template pieces and follow the cutting amounts listed on each pattern template piece.
5. Transfer any pattern markings including embroidery for the face, applique pieces, and seam allowances.
6. Place the applique flower center in place and use Fabric Fuse to secure. Hand or machine stitch with a blanket stitch around the edges to prevent fraying.
7. Using coordinating embroidery floss colors, hand embroider the face, nose, mouth and petal details using the following stitches:
• Running Stitch
• Back Stitch
• Chain Stitch
• Satin Stitch
8. Cut out the front Tiger Lily face shape.
9. Fuse the Tiger Lily front face shape to the back shape.
10. Hand or machine sew the front and back pieces together all around the perimeter. Set aside.
11. Assemble a second, plain flower in the same process as steps 9 and 10 with no face.
12. Place the (2) prepared Tiger Lily shapes, staggered on top of each other with right-side-up as shown. The embroidered face shape will be on top.
13. Place the wooden doweling inside of the (2) shapes to resemble a stem. Hot glue the center to both front and back sections.
14. Insert lengths of ribbon or other embellishments and hand sew the center of the Tiger Lily -Flower Wand closed. Make sure to catch only the insider layers of fabric to hide stitches.
Your TIGER LILY FLOWER WAND is complete!
Display and enjoy!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with weekly inspiration, downloadable patterns, cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower the next generation. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with our Annual membership online community, or on social media by using the hashtag #BSImakersclub — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY projects complete with pattern downloads, tutorials, templates, embroidery files, SVG cut files and more! Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy creating! ~ Jennifer Long
Download the Tiger Lily patterns below.
3 sizes of Tiger Lilies included
4 1/2”, 6” and 7 1/2”
Fully illustrated step-by-step instructions.
Not a member? Join today!
Click the button below
Not a member but want to make this horse doll pattern? Join the Maker's Club membership today to unlock the pattern downloads below or purchase the pattern directly from the shop:
In honor of Sew-A-Softie and inspiring the next generation, you can download the Sewing Pattern for FREE on our Download Page HERE. Just use the code "SEWASOFTIE"
Members can download the patterns below: